Tuesday, April 14, 2009

4/14 Email to Planners

Hi, Ladies!

I hope Linda is enjoying her vaca and NOT reading this email right now! :) Melody's vaca is on the way, so that means it will be Sue's turn soon! :)

I talked with Bill Dawson for a long time today in regards to what seems to be a HUGE discrepancy between our vision for a successful community garden and their vision for a "no issue for them" community garden. It was very helpful and here is what he said:

1. talk with NWCA to get their support. I plan to contact them today and set up a time to present at their meeting. I hope you will come with me!

2. find a representative from NWA. We do not have any representation for our area, so this will take some legwork. more support the better AND they speak directly to the city council, so this is important.

3. meet with Maureen at the park. I hope you can come to this too. Bill is going to come. He said It HAS to be more than me! I am inviting the SHRA board too, but I am especially going to get Tom there. Emphasize this is wanted by the community.

4. capture quotes from the neighbors in support of the garden. would someone be willing to do this? this would mean sending out an email or calling people to ask for quotes AND looking through the letters than came in aobut the garden and pulling quotes out (and then asking permission to use them.)

5. Apply for friends of the park status. I need your signatures. I need to get Tom's too!

6. If things don't work out with Maureen, we need to talk with Rachel, who is Priscilla Tyson's assistant, and then schedule a meeting with Councilwoman Tyson. We need to get her involved and ask for concessions. She is really behind projects like this. Also, we can get Charlita Tovares involved from the health aspect.

7. contact water and power about water access.

8. Prepare your case: Click here to see that information in the other post.

No comments: