Thursday, March 26, 2009

I LOVE COSTCO!


I went in yesterday to talk with them about donations to the community garden. They are all about it!!! YES! So we need a letter written that I can bring into Shelley Piunno. They get funds every single month for this exact purpose! Amazing! I have to include my costco membership number in the application, so this opportunity isn't open to everyone.

Also, yesterday I had a meeting at Shepherd's Corners about the American Community Gardening Association National Conference in August. Here is a link to their community gardens. I am helping to plan the bike tour! Anyway, I learned that they have applied for the Fiskar's grant every year and have never gotten it either. Sheesh.

I also learned about some good chicken types for my backyard (don't worry, this isn't happening anytime soon, if ever) from Farmer Eric, and what I didn't know is that some chickens are quieter than others! Also, the egg insides can vary just as much as the color of the shell, and speaking of egg shell color, the legs of the chicken tell you what color the eggs will be! Amazing! I also bought some yummy syrup and got fresh eggs. I actually dropped my syrup bottle and it didn't break, which was amazing, too.

No comments: