Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Great Examples of Other Community Gardens

LAMC Garden Green Patch
Click on the picture to visit their blog.

Here is a community garden connected to a church. I really like how they have organized the webpage and the blog, including the sponser's logos, as well as the structure of the garden. The OSU Master Gardeners are going over to help out because Mike Fribley, a MG, has been heading up the efforts on this garden. I am impressed, and think we can use a lot of these ideas.

4 Seasons City Farms


I love this garden! Under this name, there are actually 12 or so gardens around the Ohio Ave, Bryden Ave. area. This garden utilizes MySpace to get people involved, partners with United Way (I don't know that we qualify for that?), has a beautiful logo and informative website (even a press page!), has big celebrations, and donates to the local food pantry. Again, an excellent source of ideas for our own garden.

1 comment:

Trish said...

Hey, that's my sweet Chelsea from Godman Guild in the photo! I MISS those days with the kids and with Jonathan!!!