Friday, May 8, 2009

My Reply to the City after the Meeting

Maureen, As you suspected, the area needs to be behind the trees. The garden would not be very productive in the shade. I am glad that Tom was able to communicate on behalf of the SHRA a deep understanding of possible issues for the city. I hope that you heard the same sentiments from what I shared with you on behalf of the SHCG. I feel that the raised beds are an essential part of the success and low maintenance aspect of this garden-the alternative leads us with weeds, mowing issues, communication issues, boundary issues and/or an open pit of mud. I would be happy to speak to anyone on the multitudes of reasons behind raised beds for our particular garden, including a detailed plan for how they will be taken out if the garden is no longer active. Enjoy your break!Amy

No comments: