Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Consequences

Here is an email I just received about our neighborhood. This is what happens when people act poorly:

I apologize in advance if you’re not the correct _, but I got your name off of the Sycamore Hills and Columbus community gardening blog sites. I am contacting you because my husband and I are currently looking into purchasing a house in the neighborhood (down on Northport Circle), and you seemed like a good person to ask about the ‘hood. I was very sorry to read about the resistance to the community garden, and frankly it is making us think twice now about the house. I guess I was just hoping to get your take on whether you still think the neighborhood overall is a friendly place to live. For example, if I wanted to put in a big side yard garden bordered in neon pink chicken wire, do you think the neighbors would despise me? (not that I would necessarily do this, just a litmus :) I hope this doesn’t sound out of order – the community looks very nice and I know there will always be a few grumps in any neighborhood – but I just want to make sure we’re not walking into control freak central if you know what I mean. Any insights you would feel comfortable offering would be greatly appreciated.

No comments: