Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Meeting Summary

We just had a good meeting, and I will sum it up for everyone:

1. garden plan: submitted to city, waiting to hear back, I will email and bug Tina-Linda suggested grills in park/garden which is great idea
2. grants: Linda is finishing up Fiskars, Sue will check over Captain Planet and then we will send in, waiting to hear back from Nature Hills, will resubmit Growing to Gree in October WITH a budget (which I forgot to attach)
3. timeline: posted on our blog, check it out: http://sycamorehillscommunitygarden.blogspot.com/2009/01/timeline.html
4. connections: High priority. We need to make connections. We need someone to draft a letter as a script for people to say when contacting business/organizations and/or to send out/email. I got a partial list from Tom as to who has helped SHRA in the past. Other people had ideas and connections. Please add those ideas in your reply or post to blog
5. Blog: you have all been invited as co authors to post. I know this is a new technology, so maybe we can have a training session. It would be helpful to meet at a library with a computer room, or for people to come over with laptops. I shared my vision for the blog, too, and I basically see it as a way for kids to get involved as writers and photographers, etc, as well as all the other adults in the community garden.
I think that is it. Maybe we can have the next meeting in February and focus on the connections. It would be fun to all make calls at once, perhaps less intimidating!

No comments: